|Katrena's Indoor Scavenger Hunt #8 Under the Same Sky|
Aizaz, this one is for you. I hope you like it!
This hunt includes ten rhyming riddles with a celestial theme. As each riddle is solved, the leader can give players a hint where to look for the next clue. I hid each riddle inside a folded letter found in the last graphic on this game. Suggestions with several options for hiding the clues make this scavenger hunt great for home or school. The letters might be hidden in order or scrambled to add another challenge level for the players to spell the terms at the conclusion of the game.
This hunt involves basic astronomy terms. Because the riddles rhyme, younger kids may be able to guess some of these, or you might take the opportunity to learn more about our sky together. Here are a few web sites that you might wish to study before attempting this treasure hunt. Some of the terms are easy, but others might be a bit more challenging!
- NASA's Planetary Fact Sheet (Hint: Pay particular attention to the number of moons)
- MoonConnections Moon Phases
- Starry Night Constellation Pictures
- Click on the images below to enlarge.
- Choose file-print to print the images.
- Hide each riddle in the locations designated below - you may wish to fold each inside a letter spelling the hidden message or you might exchange a letter for each solved clue.
- After all riddles are solved, players can assemble the letters to spell the secret message.
|Free Rhyming Riddles for Treasure Hunt|
|Indoor Scavenger Hunt Rhyming Riddle Clue Answers|
|Fun Scavenger Hunt for Home or School|
|Free Astronomy Scavenger Hunt|
|Fun Ways to Teach Kids About Astronomy|