|Hygiene Scavenger Hunt With Rhyming Clues|
In order to print the graphics, simply click on the image to enlarge and select file-print.
- Print the letters for the word hygiene and cut out each letter, making a stack for each letter of the word (all Hs together, all Ys together, etc.) Ensure that you have enough of each letter for each child playing.
- Print the mystery message cards (one for each player).
- Print the riddles and cut out.
- Keep the first riddle and then hide riddles #2-#8 using either the school version or the home version directions (see below). Place the hygiene mystery message card in the answer for #8. For younger kids, you may wish to hide the hygiene mystery message card in the location for the answer for the first riddle so that the children can glue each letter on the card as they find each one.
- School groups - divide children into seven groups. Home - have children take turns.
- Read each riddle to younger kids or have older kids take turns reading each riddle, starting with #1. The clues rhyme; the rhyming word or phrase is in red.
- Once the riddle is solved (answers below), give instructions where to find the clue in the school version or have the children simply search in the home, providing hints as needed.
- When the children turn in a solved riddle, everyone "earns" a letter. Ensure that each child receives all letters to spell the word hygiene. Give letters out in order for younger kids or scramble the order for older kids.
- Once all letters and the mystery message card are found, have the children create the word "hygiene" on their papers. Reinforce letter recognition with younger kids or have older kids rearrange the words until they have correctly spelled the word. Check the spelling before the children glue the letters on the paper.
- In the shower
- Near some soap
- With the paper towels
- Under the hand sanitizer
- Around a hair brush
- In a drawer or closet with the shirts
- In the refrigerator
- Near the dental floss
- A place where you might see flowers
- A place where you might find soap
- A place where you might see a ball game
- A place where you can find hand sanitizer
- A place where you might hang a hat
- A place where a box of tissues might be found
- A place where one might control the temperature of the room
- A place where you might look while brushing your teeth
Riddles for Hygiene Scavenger Hunt
|Rhyming Clues for Scavenger Hunt|
Answers to Riddles for Hygiene Scavenger Hunt
Letters Spelling the Word Hygiene
|Teach Kids Importance of Hygiene|