|Wizard of Oz Treasure Hunt Riddles and Clues © Katrena|
This Wizard of Oz themed indoor scavenger hunt highlights various scenes, characters, and life lessons from the popular original 1939 movie. It encourages literacy and critical thinking skills as kids read the rhyming clues, try to fill in the blanks, and then find, assemble, and read the final surprise. The scavenger hunt includes a short set-up time and very few supplies.
Click on the images below to enlarge before printing. Two images fit on one piece of paper.
Directions for playing the Wizard of Oz Scavenger Hunt
- Print the 10 riddles and location prompts and cut down the center, separating the riddles from the prompts.
- Print the 10 surprise ending clues, cut, and hide them in each area as described by each prompt.*
- Place a piece of construction paper over the riddles so that the child(ren) can only see the latest one.
- Have the child(ren) read the riddle and fill in the blank.
- Once the child(ren) successfully solves the riddle, read the prompt that matches the number on the riddle.
- The child(ren) will then search for the clue in the location described by the prompt.
- Once all clues are found, assemble the words so that they may read the surprise sentence!**
**You might wish to have the child(ren) glue the sentence on a colorful piece of paper and draw his or her own picture of a Wizard of Oz scene as a memento.
Visit Katrena's Wildflower Bouquets site map for more scavenger hunts, printables, and family-friendly activities. If you are looking for a fun Wizard of Oz travel destination, you might consider Autumn at Oz.
Riddles and Location Prompts - Page 1 of 2
|Wizard of Oz Treasure Hunt Riddles © Katrena|
Riddles and Location Prompts - Page 2 of 2
|Dorothy Scavenger Hunt Ideas © Katrena|
|Fun Family Rainy Day Activities © Katrena|
Surprise Ending Clues - Page 1 of 2
|Fun Ways to Encourage Kids to Read © Katrena|
Surprise Ending Clues - Page 2 of 2
|Wizard of Oz Game for Free © Katrena|