|Sunflowers in North Carolina © Katrena|
|Bird Sanctuary in Rowan County © Katrena|
|Agriculture in the Piedmont © Katrena|
|Old Fashioned Farming in the South © Katrena|
It's hard to figure out an address for a sunflower field! Take the Jake Alexander Blvd exit - you're about 5-10 minutes from the field, depending on traffic and stoplights.
- Turn onto Jake Alexander Blvd toward the car dealerships, and you'll eventually see a YMCA and cross over a train track a little ways past that.
- Keep going straight - you'll see an Advance Auto Parts on the left and then a stoplight where there's a McDonald's, CVS pharmacy, and a gas station at the corners.
- Keep going straight - I believe the name of the road is Hwy 601 at that point.
- You'll see a small school on the right and large housing developments on both sides of a road a little ways past that.
- After the housing developments you'll see some trees.
- Just past the trees you'll see the field on the right.
Nearby (about 5 miles) fun things to do:
- Ellis Park has Playground, Nature Trail, Circuit Exercise, Sports, and More
- Catawba College Ecological Preserve – A Hidden Treasure Awaits
- Downtown Salisbury Friday Night Out and First Friday 2014 Schedule