|Free Christmas Scavenger Hunt|
The music inspired me to create a scavenger hunt with a Christmas and Advent hymn theme. This hunt includes twelve riddles or clues, answers, hints for finding the riddles, and a printable message, which is A CHILD IS BORN. This scavenger hunt can be played by any number of players. If you have a group of people hunting, you can print letters for the message for each player and place the letters and riddles in an twelve envelopes – ensure that each envelope contains all matching letters.
If the player(s) are having a hard time arranging the letters for the message, feel free to give hints and feedback when they get it correct, like:
- What words have only one letter?
- What words have only two letters?
- That second word starts with a blend that also starts the word "church."
Preparation (while players are elsewhere)
- Print the graphics below - click on the image to enlarge and click file-print.
- Cut and separate the riddles and letters and place one letter with each riddle - place the letters in the correct order to spell the message or mix up the order to make the game more challenging.
- Keep the first riddle and letter.
- Hide the remaining riddles in the location for the next one. (The second riddle is located at the location given for solving the first riddle...the third riddle is located at the location given for solving the second riddle...etc.)
- Place the full page message board in the location for solving the last riddle.
- Give the first riddle and letter to the player(s).
- Player(s) read the first riddle and fill in the blank. (You may need to give hints such as looking at the rhyming word or humming the tune.)
- Once the player(s) correctly fill in the blank, give a hint where to find the next riddle.
- Continue until player(s) have located all letters and message board.
- Player(s) arrange letters to spell the message A CHILD IS BORN!
- Katrena's Collection of Free Scavenger Hunts
- Favorite Versions of Christmas Songs – Music to Remember
- Name That Christmas Carol Game
- Advent Calendar Provides Hands-on Opportunity to Learn About Christmas
|Rhyming Riddles for Christmas Hymns Scavenger Hunt|
|Answers and Clues for Finding the Next Riddle in Katrena's Christmas Scavenger Hunt|
|Scavenger Hunt Message - A CHILD IS BORN|
|Message Board for Katrena's Christmas Scavenger Hunt|